Simply Me

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

To like or to dislike

What makes you like someone and dislike someone else?

I mean I am good friends with the girl who everyone dislikes… because she is childish… because she doesn’t think before she speaks… because half the time she opens her mouth, her words seem mean… I don’t know why, but she has been my good friend…

The guy the guts of whom everyone hates, I find him more silly than actually dislikable… The guy is too full of himself…but doesn’t that mean he is being childish…

Then there was the guy who talked in an almost condescending way changed as time went on… the girl who was known for her temper has grown quite mild now… I guess because they both matured… The guy whom I found absolutely non-courteous (I don’t know the opposite of courteous) and un-gentlemanly seemed quite sensible after I had met him a couple of times…

I found it amusing when one of my friends tried to turn me against another saying that that the other guy passed comments about me… well to his credit, the guy had said to my face all that he had said behind my back… so I couldn’t care less… So I have nothing against either of these people…

Then why is it that I dislike her? She is never rude… she has never gone out of her way to be unfriendly… if anything, I have never taken time to get to know her… why is it that I can’t find it in me to even try to change my opinion about her? Doesn’t that make me childish? Rashi was quite surprised at my vehemence… Tejaswini, you actually dislike someone? Was her comment…

Sometimes I can’t figure myself out… Am I really being childish? You can’t like everyone, Rashi said… but then why do I dislike this girl so much? Being late is no crime… Amma keeps complaining that I am not punctual… I certainly am more punctual than most of my friends… but then in the land of the blind…

Am I wrong in disliking her? Is something the matter with me?

Labels:

posted by Tejaswini Shenoy at 11:14 PM

3 Comments:

welcome to the "human" world, lady !!

It's OK to not like someone, just shows that you have an opinion on certain things... nothing wrong with that, but you may want to see, if you can still like that person, afterlooking this negative trait... usually the exceptions we only make for friends!

Have fun.. blog more... and dontch worry :P

April 16, 2008 at 5:08 PM  

My two cents, here -

I agree with you, Tj. The way you interpret a person may be quite different from the opinions others have already formed. And then you are so unsure of your views towards that person. Anyways, the correct way of forming an opinion about someone, i think, is to make out of how he/she behaves with you. Being your own judge helps - afterall liking or disliking someone should be personal and not influenced.

April 16, 2008 at 8:12 PM  

Yeah... I def believe likes and dislikes should be based on how they behave with you. But I just get annoyed with myself for disliking someone for no reason at all... basically I dislike this person for seemingly no reason at all :(

April 16, 2008 at 11:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home