Simply Me

Monday, March 24, 2008

Of having and losing...

I really have trouble making friends… but apparently more trouble holding on to them… especially when they are really good friends… Obviously losing a singe friend once is possible… but if I keep losing them it definitely has to be my fault, right? No sympathy deserved?

I am no good at keeping in touch with old friends… that’s why I am not so much in touch with my school and junior college friends…apart from the occasional phone calls that is… some friends I have completely lost track of though…

Now come serious offences on my part… not being in touch was bad enough… misunderstandings and ego issues made me lose one of my online friends… neither of us was ready to say we were sorry… and when we did it was too late…

One of my best friends and I have grown just too far apart… we don’t think alike anymore or maybe the problem is just that we don’t talk to each other anymore… we each have our own lives and though I hope this isn’t the end, it does seem to be the beginning of it though…

Another of my really close friends, I know not what happened... the chirpy funny enjoys life all the time type person suddenly became withdrawn… maybe its just me but he has changed and sometimes it hurts when he doesn’t talk to me as much as he did before…

And most recently one of my really good friends, to whom I shan’t admit that he was probably one of my closest online friends… we pretty much decided to end the friendship… because I shall never be quite as open and expressive as he would want me to be… but I never have been one of those who has heartfelt talks… I certainly am not the confrontational types to discuss issues…

So basically this post is just my cowardly way of saying sorry to all those friends I lost contact with… all the friends whom I did not understand and whom I did not let understand me… my apologies to all of them and even though I don’t say this to any of them directly… my best wishes to them for their future… and this was MY attempt at closure...

P.S. I don’t think anyone is going to really understand what I am saying… I don’t expect it either… just had to type this all down…

Labels:

posted by Tejaswini Shenoy at 8:15 PM

6 Comments:

Hmmm!!! Happens very often!!! We tend to take people close enough for granted, and that at a later point of time hurts very hard!! Maybe as you said, when its too late!!!

March 24, 2008 at 8:48 PM  

Your apologies accepted, sis.. :D

Now I know, why you choose not to talk to me when I am online... ;-) mebbe its just reminding me that, "ur on the list next...!! :P"

neways on a serious note!, it happens.. wid me too.. I just dont keep in touch.."out of sight is out of mind"!! But it hurts when close ones do that to me.. but then sabka apna apna tareeka hota hai... jitna hai uthne mein khush raho... "duniya vishaal hai, GOL hai... ( only if you r watching it from far away ie, :)) ) Hum phir se milenge zaroor" bolke katle ne kaa... kyaa.. :D

cheerz
-AJ

March 24, 2008 at 11:36 PM  

I got a Forward once.. which I felt was quite true

People come into your life for a REASON,A SEASON or A LIFETIME.

Whichever it is, enjoy that part of time and cherish the friendship for that time..

March 25, 2008 at 6:19 AM  

@Nitin: True... happens often.. its only when it happens too often that you start thinking its not them its you...

@Ananthanna: Oye mujhe aapne bhulane ki koshish kee to bhi not possible.. kya? MAr gaye to bhi bhoot banke haunt karne aaoongi... poochne... migeli hodi biyechi bendi khain assa mhonu nimgucha :P

@Aparna: Thanx dear... really sweet words... definitely puts matters in perspective

March 26, 2008 at 12:08 AM  

I can say as above to your post except the sorry part. I am not sorry for losing contact with people that I have met during the differnt times n phases. I mean, Big Deal! That's the way it should be. Meet, Greet and move on. I don't want to be cynical but I think as far as you have good memories of people with you, that should be more than enough.

you can't tag along all the good people you meet in your way for a lifetime, can you? That happens only in movies ok?!

(Of course, all this was my way of thinking. Did not write this to prove anything)

March 27, 2008 at 7:18 PM  

Hey... really heart felt post!!
I can say, qite a few people who used to be "friends" lost touch over the years, and when we did meet again, it just wasn't same... maybe we were expecting the "old" person, maybe the people had changed... but what i did realise is, that no matter what, people do come and go AT the right time...

just be glad u have beautiful memories of them!! (it doesnt ease the hurt, but helps move on)

I could go on and on... hehehhehe!!!

Take Care

March 30, 2008 at 12:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home