Simply Me

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Changes

Obviously a trip to Mangalore and that too my first visit to the Mangalore Teru merits a blog post. However, you got to know that would be too predictable… So though I am gonna write about Mangalore, it will be about something other than the Teru.

So what am I gonna write about? How much Mangalore changes every time I go there…

There was a time when wearing jeans made me feel uncomfortable as I walked around the city… Now the dressing sense has changed to the extent that I feel like I am walking on Pune’s MG Road. In fact I sometimes feel Mangalore has become quite the fashion destination. A few years ago, I had bought a top and trousers from there and my neighbor, Priyasha, was quite impressed by both.

Then this time during this Teru there was this guy with his shoulder length hair under a hair band à-la Abhishek Bacchan (OK old style I know… but fashion caught up soon enough right?) Then he had this tattoo on his arm. He had that over all look of one of those princes on one of those TV shows… (Before you start getting ideas, I was not ogling at him… when you see something so unexpected, you DO tend to notice)… I asked my brother about the changing trends and he starts laughing… A month ago, Tejaswini, he says, I had shoulder length hair and I was the one wearing the hair band… Well I can believe that. Vijendra is quite the trend setter. Tall and lanky my cousin brother does have a distinct sense of fashion…

The malls of Mangalore are definitely bigger than the average Pune malls. Pune has grown too much for there to be enough place to build a huuuge mall.

Definitely makes me think, maybe the next time I go to Mangalore, I have to dress-up to not look dowdy…

Labels:

posted by Tejaswini Shenoy at 12:14 PM

4 Comments:

Changes!!!! You got it damn right!!! And thanks for updating my knowledge!!! I never knew Mangalore had malls bigger than Pune!!!

February 24, 2008 at 7:58 PM  

Not all malls baba... but definitely some... here there is not enough space for horizontal expansion... We had visited Big Bazaar in M'lore which was bigger than the one close to my house...

February 24, 2008 at 11:07 PM  

Mangalore has always had me in a fix... whatever I wear there has to be met with unapproving stares... either it's tooo modern or it's oh-so-oldie-fashion... whereas what they do is totally the "IN" thing it seems. My cousins are the living proof.. I have decided to turn a blind eye and a deaf ear to the comments. nevertheless it's fun to be there, see a different set of people.

and I swear, I haven't seen any guy sporting pony tail etc.

February 25, 2008 at 8:48 PM  

i totally agree with u.... Manglore has changed and how!!...& so have places like Udipi... always takes me by surprise!!

HOPE U HAD A FUN TIME... WILL SOON CHECK THE PICS (SORRY, SUDD MY CAPS KEY IS ACTING FUNNY :|)

February 29, 2008 at 12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home