Simply Me

Friday, July 17, 2009

Some of my favourite english movies

In no specific order and only those I can think of right now...

The Lake House:
Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock
A love story across two years... with a twist... they fall in love when he is in 2004 and she in 2006... a love where they never meet... but fall in love... 2 years apart...
Favourite song: This never happened before (Paul McCartney)

Stepmom:
Julia Roberts, Susan Sarandon and Jena Malone
A family drama showing acceptance and then a family being born when a new woman comes to take the place of their mother...

How to lose a guy in 10 days:
Kate Hudson and Matthew McConaughey
Rom-Com where he tries to make her fall in love with him and she tries to get herself dumped by him

Notting Hill:
Julia Roberts and Hugh Grant
Rom-com... They meet... they part... it was inevitible they fall in love
Favourite scene: I'm also just a girl standing in front of a boy asking him to love her

Serendiptity:
Kate Beckinsale and John Cusack
A chance meeting spirals Sara and Jonathan to leave their lives behind to find the one person they had a 'million and a half years ago'
Most memorable line: ...about some mystery guy I met a million and a half hours ago. It was only a moment, a fragment really. But it was like, in that moment, we were supposed to be together.

P.S. The only reason I can think of that I am writing this is that I just saw The Lake House for a millionth time and realised I am in live with the song...

Labels:

posted by Tejaswini Shenoy at 12:44 AM

3 Comments:

This comment has been removed by the author.

July 17, 2009 at 11:55 AM  

do u realize most of the movies u listed are romances and click-flicks?

July 17, 2009 at 12:03 PM  

That's a definitely possible... Though I enjoyed Fast and Furious, it still isn't in my list of favourite-enough-to-mention

July 17, 2009 at 6:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home