Simply Me

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Now what do I make of this...?

It was a sunny day and amma had walked down with me from our house in Rambaug colony on Paud Road. I really didn't want to go to office today. One of my best friends was getting married in Pune and I wasn't given a leave to attend her wedding. I had been in tears all through morning that my one of my links to childhood was slipping away and I couldn't go to wish her on her special day and heaven knew when I'd see her next once she left Pune.

Amma advised I take the lower road which was nice and full of trees and then climb up to the bus stop than the usual sunny upper road. Sure. But the problem was, I had never taken that road before so I wasn't a 100 % sure how to get there. After getting to the end of the road, I started climbing. I kept climbing till I had reached the top... But where was the bus stop? In fact where was I? I couldn't find my way down. I look around and I see a wide water body, a river perhaps and on the other side, a giant wheel. I remember thinking of Essel World.

But where exactly was I? I remember feeling utterly lost, scared and helpless. I picked up my phone to call up amma. I was stuck on something of a hill with no way down...

Thankfully amma woke me up just then. As I related this to amma, I realize I can never remember feeling as lost in my life as in that dream and considering we had left that home more that 10 years ago, what exactly do I make of this?

Labels: ,

posted by Tejaswini Shenoy at 1:17 AM

4 Comments:

its a nice post.... and i hope u were able to solve your dream puzzle...

Cheers,
Anish

February 17, 2010 at 1:06 AM  

Thank you.

No... still lost... about the dream I mean... Basically a weird, unconnected dream which didn't make sense then and doesn't make sense now :)

February 17, 2010 at 11:35 AM  

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

February 21, 2010 at 7:06 PM  

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

March 13, 2010 at 6:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home