Simply Me

Friday, January 1, 2010

2009 - The year that was...

...So at 2:00 A.M. last night as I got into bed, I realized my mind was racing... I really wouldn't fall asleep until I got everything out of my system... I was too tired to write down everything and just decided to record whatever I was thinking... But whatever I recorded last night, I really can't bother posting... I don't like the sound of my own recorded voice pausing, breathing, thinking... So I thought I'd just write down stuff

...Last year, in January, the first Sunday of the year, 3 girls met... at Hakka for lunch... The most memorable thing here was the notes we wrote for each other, Purni, Shrads and I... Purni had written a toast to our friendship and singlehood (The last one may not last long though, right... she had written)... Shrads wrote that each day we live we leave footsteps behind and it is important how each day is spent because the imprints lie like footfalls in snow... How very true... Purni's words seem prophetic now... Shraddha is now married for almost 4 months and in Germany, Purnima has found her soul mate as well and will be married this year...

...For me year 2009 was mainly an year of joys... an year of revelling in the happiest days of some of my friends' lives... weddings, babies, committments... Priyasha, my neighbour got married... Two Gauris from school got married, coincidentally, on the same day... The Gauri who was my good friend in school, I met after 9 years on her wedding day... Suchitra and Supriya got married.. Sujata has now a daughter, Nitya... Ananthanna is engaged... At office, Imran got married though is not working at KPIT anymore.. Nikhil, my fellow, auth team member and buddy got married in Feb to his sweetheart... Pranjal is engaged... My little bro, Vijendra, brought a new member to our family, Padmini/Vandana... his lovely wife. So many of these are love marriages... and I have to mention that there are two more of my friends who are committed but about whom I heard from other friends, so I shan't mention details here... Such and Shrads are now abroad... But so is Anjali... her husband's project got transferred to Singapore and after leaving her job here, Anj is working in S'pore as well... One of my dear friends is expecting a baby... again not gonna give away details just yet. We went for Anirruddha's moonji in Udupi...

...I made new friends and by this I mean some acquaintances of 2008 are now good friends... There's Rachana, Garvit, Pulkit, Saumya, Nikhil S., Nirjhari, Siddz... Two friends got added to the my list of best friends.. Amma of course and Sujay from work. After 9 years, Friendship day, brought with it a friendship that was never ever forgotten.. Wasima and Basma I met for the first time after school... and Sharvari and Priyanka and Balmeet...

...I read a lot of books... most significant of which is the Harry Potter series; I am reading the 7th book now and will read the first one last... I feel that one is jinxed, I have never been able to complete it. We painted our house... I bought a new Teddy Bear home... Watched some fun movies with Shraddha, Purnima, Pallavi and amma.

...The saddest event of the year for me which hit me personally was losing the second love of my life, my ajju. But, this was not completely sad in that, he had lived life to the fullest... genuinely king-size... and passed away so very peacefully. He never had to depend on anyone... He lived and died on his own terms, surrounded by part of his family and still so much in love with Bapama... And maybe that's what gave HER strength... the strength to pick up the pieces that we were shattering into.

...At work, I got promoted to Senior Engineer... I am now working with the Admin team... so its a new team and a new manager and also a new Senior manager. Some of my batch mates switched jobs. Some are serving their notice periods. I received some wonderful comments from friends when we had our post-it week when we wrote comments and stuff for each other. A group of my office friends and I watched so many movies together and I have rated all of them so badly that Nikhil S. said that for Tejaswini to really love a movie, it really needs to be exceptional. Our team went to Essel World last month and had fun bonding and acting like kids... We had a joyous Christmas and loads of gifts and wonderful comments for our managers.

...I have missed dance classes this year... and I have missed writing poems; though I did write two... one for Shraddha, at 1:50 or something in the morning after she told me she was getting married and another for Sujay as a testimonial and birthday gift. Ashwini introduced me to some beautiful blogs... sensitive ones and nasty, bitchy ones. My hair is now quite short thanks to the quick snips of my hair dresser, though I don't have too many complaints.. I love it this way; its just nasty business tying it up so that it doesn't get wet in the shower.

...That was my year 2009 crammed into one post.

2010 is now here... I am gonna go and continue reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows now..

Good night and a Happy New Year

Labels:

posted by Tejaswini Shenoy at 11:35 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home