Simply Me

Monday, February 1, 2010

Goodbye bapama...

As tears finally course down my cheeks, I think of my bapama who had lived with us for almost 16 years of my life. The woman who was whimsical, childish, who fought with annu and would not talk to him if he scolded me, who loved her husband so much and was loved equally in return has now gone on to join him in his heavenly abode.

Though they had an arranged marriage, ajju and bapama would be subjected to all sorts of teasing since he was her brother's friend and colleague. 12 years apart in age but so strong a love and bond was hard to come by.

Celebrating a love for 75 years of a truly blissful marriage and a cute romance is an example any couple would like to follow.

A protective grandmother, a possessive mother, a loving wife and most of all a woman who had her feet grounded in tradition but a mind which learnt to adjust to a more modern outlook, she has been a woman of formidable strength though frail and tiny.

I wipe my tears now thinking ajju and bapama are back together after a separation of 4 months.

I'll always love you bapamu. Good night. Sumadhura swapna.

Labels:

posted by Tejaswini Shenoy at 12:04 AM

1 Comments:

it is indeed a very mixed feeling.. when amma told me yest afternoon.. i was happy for her as she is at peace and as you said with ajjju now.. but when i thought about it.. both my maternall and paternal grandparents are no more now.. that just broke me heart.. they are such a treasure..:(

February 1, 2010 at 9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home