Simply Me

Monday, July 27, 2009

Happy Raksha Bandhan

You'd think that after what, 18 or so years, of writing to my brothers for Raksha Bandhan, I'd know what to write? But after the first line of 'Hope this letter finds you in the pink of health' as Savita Pacchi used to write to me, I sat there flicking the pen and racking my brain what to write... Asking them to visit, tying the rakhi thinking of me... what else... After 3 quite impersonal letters, it started to feel that I know so very little of my brothers... So I dredge my memory to try to remember something deep within to write something more personal...



So there are Sohan anna and Vijendra who got married since the last Raksha Bandhan... Aniruddha whose thread ceremony happened this year... Gauthan and Gaurav and Sohan anna were my first brothers I tied rakhis to on Raksha Bandhan personally and that was last year... And Kiran, the shy guy, I met after very many years at his brother's, Vijendra's wedding...


As 'fun' as it is to write letters, the only person I write to is ajju and that too was long ago... After asking amma, SMSing Nishanth to give me an idea from a guy's point of view what they expect when their sisters write to them, what it seemed is when you write, write from your heart... like I write this blog... not because someone need read it and but knowing you made an effort putting down on paper or an HTTP page what you felt... what you know and what you'd like to know...


So this post is dedicated to my brothers, who as it happens don't know the existence of my blog... Wishing them all the best and all my love and hoping that next year might be easier... that I would stay better in touch with them... Happy Rakshabandhan

Labels: ,

posted by Tejaswini Shenoy at 12:30 AM

4 Comments:

Thank you so much Tejaswini Shenoy sharing your experience.Wish you n all a Happy Rakhi festival ahead.

Cheers!!
Rakhi gifts to Hyderabad,Raksha Bandhan gifts,flowers to hyderabad,Secundrabad by Hyderabadbazaar|Rakhi gifts to Hyderabad,Raksha Bandhan gifts to Secunderabad,sweets,Send Flowers to Hyderabad,Guntur,India by Us2guntur

July 31, 2009 at 12:39 PM  

Thanks Avagadro.. Wish you the same...

Welcome to my blog

August 1, 2009 at 3:08 PM  

Thank you for sharing this. Now you can Online Rakhi to India
and Rakhi Gifts to India online through this website http://www.sendrakhistoindia.com

March 28, 2010 at 3:41 PM  

Hi Tejaswini,
You are brilliant here totally.
Rakhi makes a bond of regards and emotions for all brothers and sisters which is the purest one for ever.There are beautiful designs,fantastic styles and use of interesting items which catch the eye at the very first chance.Take the advantage of online services to send rakhi and gifts and to make your bro happy.Let's have a pure attention towards your bro.

send rakhi gifts to india

July 11, 2012 at 4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home