Simply Me

Saturday, August 4, 2007

Friendship Day

OK I'm just completely sure every blogger will write about friendship day.. Well I hadn't thought of writing until I started humming 'Yaaron..dosti badi hi haseen hai' out of the blue that I realised I too have been bit by the 'Friendship Day' bug... Well to be honest, I spend every friendship day with some of my friends, this year being no exception, I guess this was inevitable.

Its not that I think Friendship Day is worth the huge hype... But just one more reason to get together...

Some of my oldest memories of friendship day are from school days... when Priyanka, Sharvari, Gauri and I had met at Sharvari's to spend Friendship Day together... Nothing special... Just time spent away from school and together with close friends.

Once Anagha, Priyanka, Supriya and I decided to go watch a movie on Friendship Day... Well, to be realistic, the tickets of which movie would we actually get on a Sunday and Friendship Day to be precise and that when we haven't got tickets booked in advance.. well we had always done that, well at least until Sujata advised us to buy tickets in advance that is... So which movie do we watch? Saade Saat Phere.. Juhi Chawla and Irffan... Well I personally liked it.. but the others... they came out with a headache... Well in case of Priyanka, it probably had something else to do with it.

We decided to have a computerised sketch done for us... Now Anagha is really tall and with my high heels, I definitely looked taller than Supriya, Priyanka is the shortest among the four of us.. So we decided to stand with me and Anagha in the back and Supriya and Priyanka in front of us... but noooooooo.. the guy who manned the machine wanted us to stand in a line... OK.. But how do we fit in front of the machine? The guy just squeezed our heads together in front of the machine screen and said... Give me a biiiiiiiig smile.. Well the gentleman wasn't quite happy with that... fine he moves the machine, again squeezes our heads together and says...

Give me a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig smile and that's how the pic came out.. a poster for some toothpaste company... Anagha's was the biggest grin among us and in fact I doubt either of us has ever smiled that wide ever before or after :D... Now coming to Priyanka's headache: When they make this sketch, they keep a white screen behind us... Pic taken, the gentleman started to roll up the screen... Poor Priyanka's hair got entangled in the screen and she ended up with her hair getting pulled and a headache to show for that incident... :( :P...


One of the most fun memories though is from last year.. As usual, we couldn't come up with a single idea as to how to spend friendship day and after a late night confy where nothing was decided and again as usual, Anagha and I were still chatting away to glory, trying to come up with some idea... Hey, came the idea... I don't remember who thought it up, maybe Anagha, why don't we all go to Supriya's early tomorrow morning and give her a surprise?

A flurry of messages to Suchitra and Gandhali.. Sujata wasn't here.. Varsha was unreachable... (I still hate her BSNL connection.. it sucks big time) and Priyanka had gone home for the weekend.. so fine.. hum chaar.. no issues... the biggest worry however was.. what if Supriya gives US a surprise by going on a morning walk? We knew she sometimes went out on Sunday mornings to climb the 'tekdi' close to her house... Well.. chance maarte socha.. So early Sunday morning we land up outside Supriya's house...

The door opens and Supriya's mom is like totally shocked... (I mean who wouldn't be.. if u see 4 of your daughter's friends outside your door at what 7-8 in the morning?)... The commotion woke Supriya and her sister but we were already in her room before she came out to investigate... Surprise!!!! Happy Friendship Day... Supriya's mom made yummy idli and sambhar for us.. (That was too cool... I mean seriously.. we had just landed there without notice, and she makes this... Theekh hai she is a Tamilian, but to feed 4 of us? That was like simply amazing) So after tying friendship bands and eating, we called up Priyanka and went on and on about the fun she was missing...

Suchitra had to go out somewhere though, so she had to leave early... So now Anagha, Gandhali, Supriya and I decided to go to Anagha's and watch a movie there... We watched an absurdly absurd marathi comedy 'Khabardaar'.. Gandhali was hell-bent against watching any horror flicks.. last time we had watched a movie together, it was Sshhh koi hai (or whichever Tushar Kapoor, Esha Deol movie that was.. 'I know what u did last summer' hindi remake) and the dumb horror scenes didn't scare us half as much as Gandhali's screams.. seriously that girl is awefully scared off horrors... So anyway.. had a gala time... And I sure won't forget that Friendship Day for a loooooong time to come.

So tomorrow as another Friendship Day comes, some plans have been made.. Let's see how they work out.. maybe will update that in the comments... But in the mean time,
HAPPY FRIENDSHIP DAY


Labels:

posted by Tejaswini Shenoy at 10:57 PM

4 Comments:

hi Tj,

nice to know u enjoyed Friendship day n all... me did so too..but with some differences...
me too shall blog abt my Friendship day.... soon..mebbe tonite after my day is spent.

Meanwhile.. HAPPY FRIENDSHIP DAY TO YOU!

August 5, 2007 at 12:02 PM  

cool!! Happy friendship day rey...
mine went in a lot of laughter and les roaming..a truth or dare session..and a few others..hehehe!

August 7, 2007 at 2:23 PM  

I hope your friendships last as long as your blog did, i mean unending !

August 8, 2007 at 11:49 AM  

@Vichoobhai: Haan mujhe bhi post karne ke baad dhyaan mein aaya... that it was sooooooooooooooooooooooo long...

August 8, 2007 at 11:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home