Simply Me

Monday, July 9, 2007

Horror-struck

Quite a few of my friends have said I write well... well the fact that some of my poems have been published in my college magazine must mean something I guess.. Well this was written in my second year of graduation.. The poem is named 'Horror'scope and just includes some of those things you hear astrologers tell you.. Our neighbour and astrologer tells me I'm going to be facing 'Shani Dasha' soon.. Though she doesn't come up with weird money stealing ideas, I certainly have seen some astrologers whose idea of astrology is 'Give me money and I'll make all your problems go away' (Yeah sure!!!) Even today many people get taken in by fake astrologers.. Here's one of my experiences with one of the really absurd astrologers...

The ‘Horror’Scope

I squirmed, I twitched,
I nervously bobbed my knee.
I looked at his face,
As he looked at me.

“Oh no,” he said,
“This is not right,
I shudder to think,
That this is your plight.

“Saturn overlooking your health,
You must beware,
Or of bad luck,
You will have more than your share.

“Wear an emerald ring,
No clothes blue or black,
Or you will face injuries,
In your legs or on your back.

“Remember that Amavasya,
Is bad for you.
Go out and bad luck,
Will follow you.”

“Oh! What can I do?”
I asked him close to tears.
“Pay me Rs.5000,” said he,
“And I’ll rid you of your fears.”


“I will pray for you,
And give you a chain.
And I can tell you,
Bad luck won’t follow you again.”

I told him I couldn't
Pay his grand fees.
But I’d pray to God,
On bended knees.

I worried, I wondered,
What would happen today.
For today was the most dreaded,
New Moon Day!


Not too much bad luck,
Followed me around.
Though I did jump,
At every little sound.

As the day ended,
I realized I could cope,
With the course of destiny,
Of my ‘HORROR’scope.


P.S. If anyone could tell me how to add a saved doc file from my system, that would be a real help

Labels:

posted by Tejaswini Shenoy at 12:21 AM

5 Comments:

hey gal..mez already given u my views on this poem of urs.... Well loved reading it for the second time too.

one thing..PLZ font size of first para bada kar..nahi toh our eyes are gone for sure!!

:P

Purni

July 9, 2007 at 7:14 PM  

Hmm, is this better?

July 10, 2007 at 10:56 AM  

yes dear thats better...

July 10, 2007 at 11:10 AM  

hmmm.....good poem as I have given u my feedback before...

But, dont be so harsh on astrologers.. some of them knwo d science very wekll.. :D Aakhir mera family profession tah yaar..itan toh kadar karo...

hee hee
cheerz
AJ

July 23, 2007 at 12:57 AM  

Hey anna, I am not talking about all astrologers in general, but some ppl have made this a money-making business thats all..

I mean our neighbour is a 'Visharad' (thats the degree rite?) in Astrology.. but for her this is a hobby.. she enjoys astrology and is very knowledgable regarding the same... She has never made Astrology a business..

On the other hand, there was this one astrologer we had been to once.. He had given some feedback like, I'd never become an engineer.. never get a job related to this field.. so on and so forth... I was soooooo depressed at that time until a family friend sed that this astrologer sed all sorts of nonsense like this.. he had sed their older son would never complete his MBA, while the younger would surely do so.. The older son did indeed do his MBA and the younger son was least bothered abt a MBA degree.. Its astrologers like these that I resent... Such astrologers bring a bad name to genuine astrologers...

I honestly have nothing about the art and science of astrology...

-Tejaswini

July 23, 2007 at 10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home