Simply Me

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Colour Therapy

First of all let me mention, drawing has never been my forte... The only pictures that I can draw well are ones with brown hills, a river, one or two trees and a sun behind the hills... Maybe some women filling water near the river... That's about it... I can't colour... Like a child's, my drawings have colours running out of the lines.. In other words, I am hopeless at drawing...

When I was a kid, my handwriting was just aweful... So when the time came when I would have to switch from pencil to using pens at school, amma put me in a drawing class... My drawings are still horrendous, but my handwriting improved immensely...

So coming back to my drawing skills, I realized there was something quite therapeutic about drawing and colouring.. Well atleast if no one else was gonna see my drawings that is... And most of all, I find that when I am nervous or bored, somehow just drawing polygons and circles and filling them with colours even if it is on MS Paint helps a lot.. I don't know how that works, but somehow, it does seem to work.. To lift my spirit...

So here's one such pic... I don't know how it looks.. maybe modern art.. For whatever reasons it looks like a face to me and that's what this pic is called..

For the record, this is probably the first and last MS Paint image I'll put up on my blog..

Labels:

posted by Tejaswini Shenoy at 1:12 PM

10 Comments:

You know what? For a while there, I thought I was looking at some master piece. Really! No kidding!
Try "Sketch Book Pro" rey...its a good software. Kinda MSPaint advanced you can say.
And its good to draw peaceful things like mountains,sun,river and trees. Calms the mind. What I suggest you is that, draw something like that. Don't worry whether its nice or not. Just scan it and try puttin on the colors in photoshop. I bet it'll rock. Just try a few variations and all rey. Painting and drawing is easy if you have the feel at the moment. Google for Abstract Art. You'll be filled with new ideas. :)
The pic is really nice..

July 22, 2007 at 9:56 PM  

I didn't enlarge it. Its looking good when its small. :)

July 22, 2007 at 9:57 PM  

Thanx Ajan, but actually it was just to put up an example of what my mind-calming color therapy looks like. Just make up circles and polygons and fill them with colors, that really helps in my case.. [:)]

July 22, 2007 at 10:44 PM  

he he... modern art it is. Im not extremely brilliant, but it looks like a face! :-)
Nice blog!

July 22, 2007 at 11:40 PM  

This comment has been removed by the author.

July 23, 2007 at 12:40 AM  

hehe TJ...sp...
me too does this thing when i m Boooored to the core.. some MSpaint arts, which wil look absolutely awful wid colors. But difference is I never save them :D. well then I shift to Orkut or SOLITAIRE on my comp.. :)) boredom se bahar aane ke liye.. But ur work is too cool!! both wid words and colors. hmmm.. "AnJolie Ela menon" in the making..?? we will dumb n deaf atleast like sAtish guJral in dat case.. {no offense to the great artist.:)}

And yeah neva stop this thing.painting/blogging both.. life is boring oderwise..

cheerz
AJ

July 23, 2007 at 12:41 AM  

@Ram: Hey thanx..

@Ananth anna: Hehe... Jaisi behen waisa bhai? :P Anyway, I don't always save my so-called modern arts.. this actually looked like something, which is why i saved it... BTW agn sp, me too used to play solitaire wen bored... or minesweeper... until the brilliant Ms. Tejaswini accidentally deleted these games :( Ab aise hi color karti hoon.. TP ho jaata hai.. :D

July 23, 2007 at 10:35 AM  

Me never got more than the grade B for my drawings in school re :P ....they used to be horrible :)) (so unlike my anna who allays got A+) sheesh...

ur mordaarn art, indeed looks like a face... i cud describe more abt what the face itself looks like..but jaane do..lets not get into that now.

Till then see your around, commenting oin this blog or elsewhere :P

July 23, 2007 at 3:00 PM  

Added you on my blogroll... :)

July 24, 2007 at 1:26 AM  

And tagged you also..

Check this LINK

July 24, 2007 at 10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home