Simply Me

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Travelogues Part 2... Photo diary....

... So ultra bugged of typing about the UK trip... Hence... Here are some pics...

To start off... The Hotel Intercontinental Grand, Mumbai, where we spent a day after the plane was grounded due to electrical problems...



My first day at UK... Visited Trafalgur Square and the near by places... So some pics of Trafalgur Square and some of the places we saw on the way to Trafalgar square... Had been there with my senior manager who was to leave for India the next day... So only time when I am seen in the photos...



... FirstBond Street outside FCUK...Then some nice architecture pics on way to Trafalgar Square... Picadilly Circus... Nelson Column... Unfortunately missing the top :( ... National Gallery, Trafalgar square... Some trick photography... a closer look at the National Gallery... Another general pic... And finally Covent Garden Market....


Next come pics of the BO House at Ealing throughout my trip... Its a beautiful 3 storey - 4 bedroom house... What's more... I saw a fox in the backyard a couple of times... Just couldn't get it in the frame through the glass



Sightseeing on your own can be a drag... But if you have open top sightseeing buses and you can get on and off at any time, it can be a joy... Here's some of the places I saw...



So left to right.. top to bottom we have pics of... well a statue with London Eye in the background... Another statue... Note the hooves of the horse... It is said if two feet are raised, the rider dies in battle... one foot raised, injured in battle and if all four feet on ground... the person died of natural causes... Next is Marble arch... The famous London Eye/Millenium Eye...Next two some places I saw when on the cruise across the Thames... Entrance to London Dungeon...The Millenium Bridge/Wobbly bridge... The City Hall... Tower Bridge... Blackfrair's Bridge (or what remains of it)... Tate Modern... London Bridge...London Eye capsule... A look at the Thames from the London Eye... Cleopatra's Needle and finally the Houses of Parliament and Big Ben...


After a lovely river cruise across the Thames, I visited Greenwich(pronounced Grenich)... For those whom Geography wasn't a pet subject, Greenwich is the place where GMT comes from... The 0 degree longitude passes through Greenwich...



Last place I visited that day... Madame Tusaaud's Wax museum... Whom do you recognise?



I ran out of batteries at the Buckingham palace... So armed with new cells I bought at the Tower of London, here are pics of the Tower... The place has the most gruesome history... people imprisoned and executed left, right and centre... Murders... However, it also houses the Crown Jewels including the Kohinoor Diamond... The guards here are called 'Yeomen' or 'Beefeaters'



Coming to the end of the visit now... For people who plan to visit London or those who'll be going there for work, here are some pointers... Getting around is really simple... even for a person like me who has never explored the city I have lived in all my life... Really well organised city... good transportation... Lovely places to see... Here's why I say that...





Hope you enjoyed the crash course and fly-by across London... See you all in my next post...

Labels:

posted by Tejaswini Shenoy at 10:47 PM

1 Comments:

I agree! London is a Fantabulous city! And the best part - its Transport System! I loved the Oyster Card!!!

August 31, 2008 at 12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home